Registration / Event website
In collaboration with the African Union, the WCO is launching its first Global Origin Conference to be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 3 to 4 May 2017 and is inviting you to take part in it.
As regional integration continues to be a driving force for the Global Supply Chain, rules of origin remain a prominent feature of today’s international trading system. In the context of the various regional trade agreements, being negotiated around the world, rules of origin enable preferential arrangements to be implemented, and impact on the flow of trade and investment.
The Conference will provide a platform for the exchange of knowledge and forge new partnerships between the public sector, the private sector and academia in the area of origin. Among the issues to be addressed are:
- What are the latest trends in regional integration and what is their economic impact on the rules of origin? And what will be the impact of globalization and Global Value Chains on rules of origin?
- What are the latest developments in Africa – and how to define the role of rules of origin in regional integration on the African continent?
- What is the effectiveness and efficiency of preferential rules of origin and how can we ensure further promotion and utilization of free trade agreements?
- What progress has been made in relation to the WTO Nairobi Decision on Preferential Rules of Origin for Least Developed Countries? What are the challenges and future direction in relation to the implementation of the Decision?
- How can procedural harmonization facilitate trade? How can the WCO Revised Kyoto Convention and other WCO origin tools play a better role of further simplification and harmonization of Customs procedures?
- How can the trade community and Customs actively contribute to and initiate a useful roadmap for the way forward on rules of origin?
Join us at the conference and interact with the world’s origin leaders from international organizations, governments, business and academia.
The Conference will be conducted in English and French.
As the predecessors of the Conference have generated considerable interest, early registration is recommended. The link for online registration with passwords will be provided shortly. Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the WCO Origin Sub-Directorate at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you in Addis Ababa.
WCO Event Team